Our Counselors' Goals
- To assist students with educational, personal, career and goal planning.
- To help students understand themselves and others.
- To assist students in identifying and dealing with problems.
- To provide crisis intervention when necessary.
- To coordinate referrals to school and community support services.
- To serve as a resource to students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Reasons to Get in Touch...
- Academic support
- Career preparation
- Postsecondary planning and application process
- School adjustment issues
- Coping, problem-solving, decision-making concerns
- Peer relationships and conflict resolution problems
- School-based and community resources information or referrals
College Counseling Resources
- TIP Fact Sheet - Information about the State of Michigan's Tuition Incentive Program
- Brag Sheet - Give your Recommendation-Letter-Writers what they need to write a personalized letter!
- FAFSA Checklist - Be prepared to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Requesting Transcripts - Detailed instructions for requesting transcripts.
- ECA School Profile - Explain the ECA to admissions departments & others.
- College Planning Guide - Your guide to preparing for college-after-ECA.
Volunteer & Work-Based Learning Opportunities
Transcripts & Records
- Submit a request at least 3-4 weeks before the deadlines to allow for processing time.
- Send transcripts directly to each college & university, do not send them to yourself!
- Send District Transcripts
- If your previous school uses parchment.com you can follow the instructions below, otherwise please contact your previous school for instructions on their process.
- If you were Home Schooled, submit a copy of your Home School transcript.
- Send your ECA Transcript
- Visit Parchment.com.
- Follow the Parchment instructions to make an account from which you will request transcripts from.
- Send your EMU Transcript
- Log on to your my.emich.edu account
- Click on Student Services
- Click on National Student Clearinghouse
- Follow the instructions for requesting your transcripts
- There may be a $5 fee
Students are encouraged to be pro-active in seeking out scholarships and applying for them. The scholarship search is hard work and requires perseverance, will, and attention to detail. The scholarship links that are listed below should give a great start in your scholarship search. Please remember that applications should be neat and professional. Type your essays. Edit and proofread the content. For all scholarships, meeting deadlines is critical.
- EMU Financial Aid Scholarship Page
- The Gates Scholarship
- LendEDU's Guide to Scholarships
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund Scholarships
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation Scholarship
- Sallie Mae Paying for College Resource
- GoodCall Scholarship Search