Winter 2017 Reminders
Happy New Year!!
I hope your break has been fun, and that you're all rested and ready for a great new term! Here are a few reminders as we all prepare for the start of the new semester:
1. If you are in EMU classes, check your my.Emich schedule AND your Eagle Mail email. If there are any issues with your schedule, or emails that you need to do something about, you want to know about it NOW rather than on January 4.
2. If you have EMU classes, book pick-up for Winter will be Wednesday, Jan. 4 through Friday, Jan. 6, and Monday, Jan. 9th from 10am-3pm in the King Hall Multicultural Lounge.
3. If you had EMU classes LAST term, be sure you have checked your my.Emich final grades. Share these with your parents/guardians (parents/guardians, please ask your student about their grades!). If you received any grade of C- or lower, email your CORE Advisor right away. If your winter schedule needs to be adjusted, it's best to get that rolling ASAP.
4. If you have ECA classes (including Geometry and Chemistry), you will find your schedule in PowerSchool beginning on January 3rd. We will not print out paper schedules. Please be sure to log onto PowerSchool to find your schedule, including course locations.
5. If you have ECA FIRST PERIOD, we will ALL meet at 9am in Halle G03 on the first day of class: Wednesday, January 4.
6. I am looking for a few volunteers (4-5 people) for about an hour's worth of "assembling" help (putting together some goodie bags) on Tuesday, January 3 from 11:30am-12:30pm. Please email me directly if you can help: email@example.com (or reply to this email).
7. The ECA has moved to our own email domain! Beginning in Winter, 2017, we will be using the new domain for emails, doc sharing, and calendar events. All ECA faculty and staff have an email that uses the following convention: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please adjust your contacts accordingly.
My New Year’s resolution is to do more writing, and I have made a start on that with a blog post somewhat more philosophical than usual. CLICK HERE for my thoughts on Social Justice & Early College.
I wish the whole ECA family--students, parents/guardians, staff, and others--a safe and joyful New Year!! See you in 2017!
Ellen Fischer, Principal